Badminton is a game that can be enjoyed in a home and fun setting as well as a professional game. This is possible by using the best badminton racket. Having a good badminton racket is one of the main strong tools you can have to be able to enjoy and win the game if it is a competition. Badminton game not only helps you to relax but also helps you to exercise and kip fit . Irrespective of the place or seriousness you are playing the game with, no other equipment is as important to the game as the racket. Choosing the best badminton racquet as well as the best badminton bat depends on factors like the skill of the player as well as the setting. For example, a beginner will require a different racket from an experienced player.
The badminton rackets vary in shape, size, color, weight, and strength of the mesh. Therefore, this article aims at helping you to understand different brands of the badminton rackets in the market today, their features, specification, performance and benefit, pros and cons thus enabling you to choose the top quality badminton racket to suit your specific needs. Read through the article and see the recommendations of the various rackets to various categories of players from beginners to experts. On a side note, have a good look at our best rated Badminton set on the market and badminton rules and regulations that we already covered.
Best Badminton Rackets for Intermediate & Professional players
#01.Yonex Voltric Z Force II 2 Badminton Racket
This Yonex badminton racket was launched in 2014 and ever since it has been very popular. It is isometric with large sweet spot for distance and power. It is an extra stiff flex kind of a racket. It has an improved TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM. This helps to increase the smash energy. These are the best professional badminton rackets in the market. Do you love some of recreational games like ping pong here is your guide you can love this.
Features and Specification
- Cool graphics and color: This racket has a plain black colour with some blue decals. The racket also comes with some cool flashy graphics and colors. The previous version was plain and simple.
- Higher sweet spot and thin shaft made of tungsten grommet: This racket has a little higher sweet spot and a thinly noticeable shaft.
- Heavy head and Voltric racket cover: The shape and design of this racket comes with a heavy but small head that plays a significant role. The package also comes with an exclusive voltric racket cover as well.
- High sweet spot and thin rack: The racket comes with a higher sweet spot that allows you to easily adjust the racket as you want. The thin rack makes it light and eliminates aerodynamic repulsion. The tungsten material adds to its durability and controllability.
- Cool graphics and colors-: This makes the racket more attractive on the outer look.
- Heavy but small head and voltric racket cover-: The small and heavy head gives the player a great balance of power and balance combination. The voltric racket cover enables you to carry and store the racket safely anywhere you want.
#2. Senston 2 Player Badminton Racquets Set Double Rackets
These rackets are made of carbon fiber or carbon-aluminum composite. The item weighs 3.04 ounces and measures 27.2 x 8.9 x 1.5 inches. The package includes 2 rackets, 1 racket cover, 2 overgrip (random color). These rackets are most suitable for beginners and casual entertainment. They are sold in a variety of combinations.
Features and Specification
- Design on racketr: These rackets have one-piece designed with an in-built T-joint. The set of rackets also come with an isometric square head shape as well.e.
- Cone shaped non-slip handle and racket cover: The rackets handles are made of non-slip material and the handle has a cone-shaped too. The rackets come with a cover too.
- Material used: The aluminum composite enhances the strength of the racket and reduces the risk of frame deformation. The material is also lighter than the traditional aluminum material making it feel better while playing and avoid shoulder pains brought about by heavy rackets.
- One-piece and T-joint design: This improves on stability and flexibility and also reduces on vibrations made when you hit the shuttlecocks and increase speed. The t-joint also helps achieve high precision control performance. It also helps avoid deformation of racket caused by playing, makes the racket more stable and enables unparalleled play power.
- Isometric shape: this helps to increase the sweet spot thus increasing the batting area for the better enjoyment of the game.
- High-quality cover-:The cover is made of quality material that protects the rackets well and also help to carry them from place to place with ease.
- Shape and non-slip material:The overgrip helps keep your hands dry thus minimizing friction and improving o comfort. The overgrip size is also adjustable to your comfortable size.
3. Franklin Sports 2Player Badminton Racquet
These come as a set with each set having 2 metallic tempered steel tight strings racquets and 2 A-grade shuttlecocks. This makes these the racket for doubles meaning four people can play at once. The product weighs 0.16 ounces and measures 26 x 2 x 9 inches. Check our guide to the best pool cues that we are already covered.
Features and Specification
- Perfect package: The package includes 2 metallic tight-string racquets and 2 A-grade shuttlecocks, The racquets come as 4 in total.
- Smooth handles: The rackets features a smooth grip racquet handle.
- Sturdy and strong construction: The racquets come made of steel frame construction.
- Comes as a double set: This allows for a couple or an individual to replace the rackets in case of breakage up to two or four times respectively. Additionally, the double set allows you to play as a team of 4.
- Smooth handle: This allows easy swinging of the racket when playing and comfortable to the grip and soft on the palm too.
- Lightweight: making them comfortable to be used by even children without worry that they will injure their shoulders or wrists.
- Sturdy and strong construction: The rackets are strong to withstand a couple of games. This gives it value for money. Also in instances where you are using as an individual, you can replace without having to buy a new one thus saving some money.
4. Yonex Voltric 2017 New(7 NEO / 5FX /LITE)Badminton Racket
This racket is lite in color. The item weighs 6.4 ounces and measures 27 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches. The voltric is designed to bring power, speed, and control to the user. This specific Yonex voltric 2017 uses a mixture of Armotec, Arcsaber and Nanospeed technology. It is also among the affordable options of badminton rackets. The rackets come pre-strung with the Yonex BG80 and is most suitable for beginners. You may also link to check our guide to list of https://sportsavis.com/best-youth-baseball-bats.
Features and Specification
- New technology: The rackets have an advanced form of technology.
- Tri-voltage system and in-built T-joints: The rackets uses the tri-voltage system and T-joints that is a great blend of power and agility..
- Unique design: This frame of the racket is made of tungsten and the shaft is made of graphite blend.
Performance and benefits.
- New advanced technology- This allows for powerful shots topped up with maximum control and maneuverability. It is simply embedded with a blend and highest levels of great technology.
- Tri-voltage system and in-built T-jointsThis is a great blend of agility and power and it brings stiffness and speed to your new racket. The combination also adds to the top-notch precision that reduces torque giving more precision and control in every shot.
- Material: The tungsten and graphite blend material used makes the racket lightweight as well as durable at the same time.
5. RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 Badminton Racket
The package includes matching rackets, a lightweight fabric carrying bag, and a set of shuttlecocks or birdies. The color offers are 2; orange or black. The item weighs 1.5 pounds and measures 28 x 10 x 4 inches.
Features and Specification
- Solid construction: Unlike most rackets which are made of aluminum or steel and have T- connector holding the shaft to the face of the racket, This FiberFlash 7 series have rackets with a one-piece design with a smooth connection between the shaft and the head of the racket.
- Full set: The package comes with the inclusion of the carrier bag and birdies in it. This set not only does it include 2 pre-strung rackets, but also comes with 3 nylon skirt shuttlecocks. They are made in bright colors that are easy to see. This cuts on your costs of buying birdies separately. The set comes with a lightweight fabric carrier bag which allows you to carry your rackets and birdies anywhere you want.
- Sturdy grip and great performance: You will definitely enjoy the game due to comfort offered by the rackets. These rackets are made of embossed grip that won’t easily come unraveled.
- One-piece design and solid construction: The rackets are made with a beautiful one –design with a smooth connection between the head and the shaft, unlike the rest which are made of T-connector design. These rackets are strong yet flexible carbon fiber or graphite shaft is long lasting unlike the others made of steel or aluminum only.
- Sturdy grip and good performance: The rackets are lightweight and tightly strung and embossed with a grip that won’t slide easily. All these features will help you enjoy the game.
6. Senston N80 Graphite Single High-grade Badminton Racquet
The racket comes in color blue but there are 9 colors to choose from. The package weighs 3.04 ounces and measures 28 x 10 x 1 inches. The rackets are made of the following parameters: frame- H.M Graphite, shaft: H.M Graphite, Weight:75-79g, Stringing advice: 20-26 lbs, Balance point: 295+/-3, length 675 mm and handle grip: 86MM(G4).
Features and Specification
- High-quality material The frame of the racket is made of graphite material as well the shaft.
Unique frame and ISO square frame racket- The isometric square head shape have a larger sweet spot. The unique frame rim has a unique design that goes in line with air mechanics. High-quality material-The use of graphite in the frame and shaft adds to the stability and strength hence enhancing the performance. This also ensures that the racket lasts long.
- Carry bag included: The package comes with the racket carry bag made of lightweight durable material.
- In-built T-joint: The t-connector no longer uses metallic material, instead uses a new kind of lightweight plastic that has its main component as special epoxy resin. This resin joint makes the frame more powerful and more stable.
Unique frame and ISO squareframe racket- The shape increases the sweet spot and this, in turn, improves the hit rate. In addition, it will also enhance the defense thus increasing the effective range. Also, the head structure and the nanometer material is strong enough to support high pounds string thus the frame won’t change in shape. This gives better strength sense.
7. Franklin Sports Elite Performance Badminton Racket
This racket comes equipped with tight string technology to ensure maximum energy transfer when it comes to contact with the shuttlecock. It also has a strong full carbon power frame. This makes it very light but also responsive in your hand. This is the best choice for serious players. The package measures 27.5 x 9 x 2 inches and weighs 13.6 ounces.
Features and Specification
- Tight string technology: The racket has strong and tight strings giving it a unique power frame that allows for increased tension. This makes it have the good badminton racket lining. This allows the player to send accurate and precise return hit every time the shuttle comes into contact with the shaft.
- Power framethe racket features a sturdy full carbon frame especially created for the elite players looking for a high-end performance durability. The full carbon frame enables the racket to transfer most energy while remaining robust.
- Feather-light: The racket has been stripped down to the core and built with the best materials yet not heavy to your hand.
- Performance grip: The advanced design has the racket having the best grip. The grip boasts the best combination of comfort and performance. This is the best balance between grips designed for performance and comfort.
- Lightweight: The racket has been built with the best yet light material. This enables the player to flicker and strike every hit with a hit.
8.LAGNING Badminton Racquet Light Racket Set Carbon Fiber
This racket comes in three colors; yellow orange and pink. This allows the player to choose the color they would like. This racket is the lightest of the Lagning series weighing 68g in average without the strings. The package includes: 1 badminton racket and 1 carrier bag. The package measures 28 x8 x 1 inches. The racket is multi-colored making it attractive. It has yellow, black, white shades all-round the frame to the handle, with a plain white grip.
Features and Specification
- Nano performance: The racket is built in strong yet lightweight material and it delivers Nano performance. 7U badminton racket. Weighs 68+/_ 2 g which is the same weight as an egg. Nano performance achieves an exact control over the racket functions at a molecular level. Then it establishes a high-performance molecular bond of carbon Nano-particles thus creating an ultra-light yet more stable and stronger than ordinary rackets. This ensures maximum speed and power for swing energy.
- Isometric design: The racket shaft is made in an isometric square shape which increases the sweet spot of the racket. The isometric square head design equalizes the length of the cross and main strings in the stringbed. This enlarges the sweet spot leading to more accuracy and consistency even when on off-center hits.
- In-built T-joint: The racket is molded deep into the layers of carbon where the frame and the shaft connect. The T-joint creates a high-strength and durable one-piece frame that is torque-free. It also improves the stability and flexibility, reduces vibration when the shuttlecock is hit and increases speed. The all carbon integration is necessary for better repulsion, boosting power on the forehead and for a fast backhand drive.
- Well-packaged:1 badminton racket and 1 carrier bag wrapped well. This is for the safe arrival of the package and the carrier bag will help in moving the rackets from one place to another
9.YANG YANG Lightweight High Modulus Graphite – Professional Series Badminton Racket
Famous for making premium quality rackets at an affordable price, Yang Yang has lived up to their expectation with the brilliantly crafted professional series High Modulus Graphite Badminton Racket. All beginners and striving athletes will fall in love with this racket, thanks to its lightweight and impressive shock-absorbing quality.
Features and Specification
- Premium Quality:Yang Yang has invested their very best building materials in building the fabulous racket. There’s no joint between the shaft and frame since it is built with a single piece of Graphite. The Graphite features a high-modulus material making it extremely lightweight and portable. Since Graphite makes it lightweight, junior and starter-level players will be able to generate more power and better control with the racket.
- Features super flexibility, lightweight and shock-absorbing quality:It weights only around 85grams with a 75 grams G2 type handle. All these are perfect for flexibility, maneuverability, and generating high torsion. Furthermore, the high-tension allows players to response fast and hard while returning the ball.
- Technical superiority:Built with a combination of the best quality graphite, titanium Kevlar and woven, it has a great ability to absorb tremendous shock. Thus, the racket negates the chances of common injuries occurring to a badminton player.
- Incredible grip and quick restoration:The graphite tonnage supported by excellent engineering provides quick response and restorability of the strings, an essential feature for badminton rackets. Moreover, it has superb elasticity and grip, making it comfortable to handle during the tough playing time.
- Made for all:This premium badminton racket is built for all- from beginners to professional level players. You can use it for single play, doubles or even for mixed games.
- Carry Bag:Yang Yang has built a beautiful carrying bag for the racket that supports shoulder strap.
10.Dynamic Shuttle Sports Premium Hyperion KV-100 Carbon Fiber Indoor/Outdoor Professional Badminton Racket
The first thing you will notice of the racket is its stunning design. Dynamic Shuttle Sports was founded by sports enthusiasts, and since the founding date, they have been delivering some of the most remarkable badminton rackets out there in the market. This Dynamic Shuttle Sport Premium racket is no exception.
Initially made for professionals, it can be used for heavy outdoor uses as well as light indoor plays. It has a balanced weight at 82 grams, so players won’t find it tough to handle. If you’re enjoy riding, you’re ready to take it to the next level discover the list of sportive bikes .
Features and Specification
- Designed for the attack:If you are someone who believes in attacking more than defending, you can’t but help to choose this racket. It has better attacking ability compared to its predecessor Yonex Armortec 900 but at a less cost.
- Sustainable string with strong tension:The manufacturer has used the world-famous Japanese Toray fibre for the string. This allows the racket to generate brute strength while servicing and retuning. Similarly, the premium carbon fibre gives it essential sustainability.
- Heavy head for optimising sweet spot:Since the racket comes with a heavier head, players can generate more power with less effort. Moreover, the heavier head makes it easy to find the advanced and optimised sweet spot for producing the perfect momentum.
- Features both offensive and defensive quality:While most badminton rackets either focus on defence or offence, this racket perfectly combines the two. So, players won’t need to worry about defending or attacking.
- Carry Bag and extra grip:The racket comes with a beautiful piece of the carry bag and two additional grips. These are useful for beginners.
Buyer’s Guide for Badminton Racket
For new people who are aiming at purchasing or need help with settling for the best badminton bat in the market, below are main elements you should look out for. The
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING THE BEST BADMINTON RACKET
- Weight: Among all things, the racket weight matters most. This factor applies mostly to beginners who are recommended for a lightweight racket. It should weigh between 85g to 90g with a lower balance point. This feature allows for easy control and movement of the racket. In addition to this, a light racket will allow fast speed while smashing the shuttle and recover it with a light racket hand. This also facilitates fast serves and switching to different strokes briskly. The best thing about all these is that you will put less pressure on your shoulder and wrist reducing the risk of injuries.
- Balance point: In case you are an experienced player, you can choose rackets that have a greater balance point. These kind of badminton rackets tend to be heavier at the head. This enables you to deliver more powerfully when smashing. The use of this kind of rackets require proper practice or good expertise in the game as it requires proper control. These are the best rackets for intermediate players.
- String tension:Another factor that you need to consider when buying the badminton racket is the tension of the string in your new babel. It is easier to check this while purchasing. All you need to do is press the palm of your hand against the string and observe how far deep it goes. The recommended tension is 1mm sunken depth. In cases where you prefer a higher racket string tension, you can custom make to suit your preference. For beginners, 22-23 lbs is good tension but may vary depending on the region. Those living in the tropics will experience more expansion of their racket strings than those living in colder areas. Therefore, those living in tropics will need higher tension while those in cold areas will need less tension.
- Hand Grip:When it comes to choosing the babel grip, there are two main types:
1. Towel grips- These are hand grips made of soft absorbent material. They are soft to grip and absorbs sweat leaving your hand dry. They are comfortable when playing. However, their disadvantage is that they accumulate and harbor bacteria and germs overtime which may call for a replacement. Also, that is expensive over time especially when you constantly use it meaning replacing more often. The bacteria and germs also pose a risk of infection in case of a palm injury.
2. Synthetic grips These are the most popular kinds of grip found in most rackets nowadays. They are silk, long lasting, and easy to clean but lack the absorption feature. This means if you not using any hand protection gear like glove or bandage there is a risk of them slipping off and also the friction might cause palm irritation.
Apart from the grip type, the hand grips come in different sizes. For those players who love a tighter grip feel, always go for a bigger grip size and those who love using the deception tactic on the game choose a smaller size as it allows better and easier maneuverability.
3. shaft When buying a racket, check for the material used to make the shaft. Tungsten and graphite are the most common materials recommended and used. This should guide you on how to choose a badminton racket for a beginner.
The flexibility and stiffness in the shaft needs to be considered. The stiffer shafts unbend and bend very fast. These are great for those aggressive players that want maximum control and power. It has less repulsion meaning you will need more fast and powerful swings.
For those with slow swing speed, choose the flexible shafts. Flexible shafts due to easy and fast bending and unbending, thus allowing the shuttle more time on the stringed bed. This results in a more fast and explosive swing. As much as flexible shaft rackets feel comfortable to play with, they lead to loss of power and control. These are the best badminton rackets for beginners and also for those defensive-style players as you do not have to swing much.
Yonex Voltric Z Force II 2 Badminton Racket is the best racket online. This racket features very outward cool and attractive colors. When it comes to its internal operating features, the TRI-VOLTAGE system that helps increase power to increase smashing energy make sit outstanding. This racket is also made of a strong and durable material which ensures you cut on costs that come with constant breakages and repairs. In addition, this racket has an isometric design with a large sweet spot for better playing without wind disruptions. This is the best badminton racket there is in the market and especially for the experienced players.
Whether you are planning to buy for fun or for professional play, getting the best badminton racket in the market should be your main goal. This will ensure you not only enjoy the game but also keep you safe from any shoulder or wrist injuries. There are various shops that sell same rackets at different prices, but also the after sales services do go a long way. These, among other factors like color preference and durability, should be considered. In conclusion, the best badminton racket is one that serves the purpose perfectly and has value for money. This article has highlighted the ten best racket reviews and once you go through it, you will be able to make an informed buying decision.